Anger
I felt it building in me sometime around 10:00, stifled it with some cynical humor (and about 6 beers) and left the election "party" I was at just after midnight. Walking home through Williamsburg was dark and depressing. People walked by us and we gave each other brief looks like our country was lying in a terminally ill hospital bed, and the rest of us were pacing the halls of the ICU, waiting for news we were sure wasn't good.
I was talking with Brian Finklestein about moving to Ireland and starting a comedy room, and we heard a solitary man from blocks away screaming "Fuck George Bush!"
We paused, took it in, and I said- "What would we do for jobs?"
"We could work in bars."
We kept walking. Right now, back at work, I just can't figure out who I hate more- the fucking ignorant religious shitheads in the red states or the Democratic party itself. First off, I'm just a little sick and tired of these fucking no-nothing states like Wyoming, who were NEVER attacked by terrorists buying into this "You won't be safe with Kerry" rhetoric, as opposed to DC, New York, and Boston (where the planes were hijacked from) overwhelmingly not wanting another four years of this asshole. It's like, we're the one's living in the fucking crosshairs, how about we decide whose standing on the gate, OK?
Secondly, fuck the democratic party with their father's dicks. Seriously- they are fucking spineless, wishy-washy, middle-of-the road fucking WONKS,who don't have the balls to stand up and say proudly that we live in a country where gay people are, I dunno, PEOPLE, that exactly what makes this country great is the fact that religion is a PERSONAL matter and doesn't belong in the public discourse, that exploiting the fear and unity of the worst attack on American soil to persue a completely far-right neo-conservative war based on false documents, is not a "blunder", not "a series of missteps" not "going to war without a plan to win the peace"- it is clear cut, out and out, dictionary-defintion, motherfucking EVIL.
So instead, these goddamn red states vote on "values." I'd elaborate on this a little further if I didn't just throw up in my mouth a little bit. But no, George Bush is an honest, regular guy who you could look in the eye and shake his hand while Cheney is behind you, stealing your wallet for now, and lubing up your asshole for later.
No no, let's vote on "values," and turn the states red so goddamn quickly that when you see it happening on the news, the map of the United States starts to resemble a sucking chest wound under a tightly wrapped battle dressing.
Kerry just conceded.
What a useless fucking pussy.
You have failed us, you failed yourself, you have failed the democratic party, you have failed America and you have failed the world.
Fuck you.
Now here's a little Hunter S. Thompson, from earlier this year:
How long, O Lord, how long? This blizzard of shame is getting a little old, isn't it? Just how low to we have to fall before the voters catch on? Indeed. How many times can a man be robbed- on the same street, by the same people- before they call him a Rube? Bob Dylan said that in a tattered old song called "Blowin' in the Wind." Read it and weep, you poor bastards- because Dylan was yesterday, and George Bush is now.
That was a morbid observation at best, and we are all stuck with it. The 2004 presidential election will be a matter of life and death for the whole nation. We are sick today and will be even sicker tomorrow if this wretched half-bright swine of a president gets re-elected in November. Take my word for it.
Mahalo.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home