I have a lot of crap on my desk

I've never tried blogging before, and so, like many of the things in my life, I've decided to half-ass it. By the way, My name is Ritch Duncan, I'm a comedy writer and stuff. This thing is going to go just swimmingly, I can feel it.

Name:

I am a New York based comedian, writer and editor, originally from Concord, Massachusetts.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Damn

My link didn't work.

Still, there wasn't a hell of a lot in the Times today anyway.

I'll recap it for you:

-Some stuff happened in Iraq. Somebody gave somebody else some weapons.

I won't be able to tell if it was good or bad until I read a book about the situation five years from now. My guess? Bad. But I'm in a mood today.

-The Senate approved a Bill approving an assload of tax breaks for corporations.

I know how it sounds, you're thinking that I'm just some goddamn liberal pinko and I'm cynically rephrasing the headline. Well, here's the headline: "Senate Approves Bill Worth $140 Billion in Corporate Tax Breaks" Sounds scary right? Well, lemme just throw the last line of the article in there too: "But those bills are unlikely to become law because the House has not passed similar measures."
Well thanks for getting me all hot and bothered, New York Times.

Jeezus.

-Christopher Reeve Died.

You guys all knew this already. Go write your own goddamn kryptonite joke.

-There's no "All the News That's Fit to Print" on the website today.

Instead there's an ad for "I (heart) huckabees" (note to self, learn how to make a little heart symbol)
Now that's some bullshit- was "all the news that's fit to print?" not fit to print? Or do they only omit it on the website seeing as they aren't technically "printing" this, they are "posting" it? By the way, "posting it" is my new favorite Jeff Singer production, featuring attractive yet scruffy alternative comics reading their favorite postings from blogs around the country. It's in Aspen next year, watch for it.

-Bush says Kerry is weak on Defense, Kerry criticizes Bush's energy policy.

Blah, blah blah. More of the same. I really don't get why Bush gets a free pass on taking the country to war based on a series of lies. I mean, let's stop sugarcoating it with terms like "intelligence failures" and "failures to clear up misinformation," the bastard lied to us. In simpler terms it would be like if the American people during World War One were to discover that the Lusitainia was pretty much OK. "Yeah, I know- we said they sunk it- but they had the capacity to sink it, and let's face it, the world is better off without the Germans in power. Sorry about all that mustard gas you breathed."

This would be another good place for a link.
Fuck, I need to learn how to do that.

-The US returned a detainee to Saudi Arabia after three years.

Oh great. You must be thinking- returning a guy to Saudi Arabia. Way to let the terrorists go. It turrns out that he was an American born to Saudi Parents in Louisiana, which makes him a citizen of both countries. He got picked up in Afghanistan three years ago supposedly fighting for the Taliban. He says he wasn't, and was trying to get out. Anyway, this dude got held without trial in America for three years, and was allowed to leave provided he renounce his American citizenship, which he did immediately on returning to Saudi Arabia, and not leave there for 5 years. Too bad he loses his citizenship, I mean, now he has to stay in a country where he might get held in prison indefintaley without trial. Poor bastard.

-Williamburg (where I live) called "The new suburbia" and "A bedroom community for Manhattan professionals"

Dang- this article talks about a gay couple who moved into a loft of South 1st Street. Turns out it's the new ritzy building that is right across the street from me. One of them works for Phizer. They have pictures of the inside of their apartment and everything. The article also states that Willaimsburg is no longer a haven for artists, or even "artists." Thanks, dickbag. Boy, if I knew how to add links and do pictures, I could do a real funny comparision between our two places. I need to get on that.

OK, I guess that's about it- I'm not sure what the ettiqutte is yet on these things about length. Either way, I'm off to stare though my neighbors windows. Maybe if I squint really hard, I'll see the future of Williamsburg.

Oh, and is there anyway to spellcheck this thing?


1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Spellcheck? A writer of your caliber shouldn't need it.

Still, try holding down the Command (Apple) key and then hit the semicolon before you post. See what happens.

October 11, 2004 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home